Joseph Milowic III has extensive experience litigating patent and trade secret cases before the federal courts and ITC. Mr. Milowic regularly leads teams of extremely talented attorneys in high stakes litigations, and his teams consistently deliver exceptional results within budget. He is also regularly called upon to join cases approaching trial and loves the pressure and camaraderie of trying cases.
Mr. Milowic has been recognized as a Rising Star in IP litigation five times. He was selected as a Global Fellow by the Federal Circuit Bar Association in recognition of his “commitment to leadership and cooperation in the global legal community.” He was also recently recognized as one of the “Top Accused Infringers Lawyers in District Court Cases in 2014” in the Docket Navigator Year in Review.
Over the past decade, Mr. Milowic has litigated, prosecuted, and opined on matters involving a wide range of technologies, including:
- nanotech, fiber optics, semiconductors and semiconductor processing
- digital signal processing, error correction (turbo codes, LDPC codes, convolutional codes)
- medical devices (glucose monitor test strips, gel electrophoresis, brachytherapy seeds)
- chemicals, biologics, and pharmaceuticals (Hatch Waxman, ANDA cases, antidepressants)
- memory and storage (DRAM, flash memory, hard disk drives, CDs)
- wireless technologies (802.11 (wi-fi), 3G, 4G LTE, RFID, NFC)
- software and consumer products (HDTVs, smartphones, tablets)