Michelle Clark is Of Counsel in Quinn Emanuel’s London office and is part of the EU and Competition Litigation Practice. Michelle specialises in Competition law and has represented clients in high profile cases in the English High Court, the Court of Appeal, the Competition Appeal Tribunal and the General Court in Luxembourg.
Michelle also has extensive experience of defending clients in enforcement proceedings by the European Commission and national competition authorities, including the Competition and Markets Authority and Ofcom, in particular investigations and sector inquiries. She also has experience of bringing and defending competition complaints and applications for immunity at UK and EU level.
Michelle also has experience of arbitrations under the LCIA and SCC Rules.
- Brevan Howard
- Allianz Global Investors
- The Federal Deposit Insurance Cooperation
- Acting for Daimler in the English High Court proceedings seeking hundreds of millions of damages from a number of major shipping liners involved in a 14 year cartel.
- Acting on a trans-Atlantic claim for clients including PIMCO, Brevan Howard, Allianz Global Investors, BlueCrest and others against multiple banks for their involvement in the manipulation of global FX markets.
- Defended Qualcomm in a multi-billion dollar competition law, patent infringement and FRAND licensing dispute with Apple in the English High Court. The UK litigation was part of multiple global disputes between Qualcomm and Apple dubbed "the Apple/Qualcomm wars", on which Quinn Emanuel acted for Qualcomm worldwide.
- Acted for a U.S. government agency in English High Court proceedings to recover losses suffered by 39 failed U.S. banks as a result of the alleged suppression of USD LIBOR during the financial crisis.
- King's College London
(Masters in EU Competition Law, 2016)
(Post Graduate Diploma in EU Competition Law, 2012)
- Glasgow Graduate School of Law
(Diploma in Legal Practice – litigation electives, 2007)
- University of Glasgow
(Bachelor of Laws, with honours, 2006)