Jomaire Crawford is a partner in Quinn Emanuel’s New York office. She joined the firm in 2012 and was named Rising Star by the New York Law Journal in 2019. Her practice focuses on complex commercial litigation in state and federal court where she represents clients in a wide range of high-stakes civil, criminal, and regulatory matters, including contract disputes, securities class actions, short seller defense, shareholder derivative lawsuits, books and records requests, data privacy lawsuits, business-related torts, and SEC and internal investigations.
Jomaire serves clients from a broad range of industries, including pharmaceutical companies, pension funds, entertainment providers, private banking institutions, higher-education institutions, cannabis dispensaries, waste management services, and food and beverage companies. She works on all phases of litigation from pre-complaint settlement negotiations and disputer resolution to case filing through trial, and has successfully resolved disputes without resort to litigation.
- Accenture, LLP
- Allstate Corporation
- Bank Julius Baer & Co. Ltd.
- Barnes & Noble, Inc.
- BSI SA
- Corcept Therapeutics Inc.
- International Business Machines Corporation
- Johns Hopkins University
- Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
- Prudential Financial, Inc.
- ResCap Liquidating Trust
- Representing before the U.S. Supreme Court in Fulton v. City of Philadelphia a pro bono client opposing a challenge to the city of Philadelphia’s anti-discrimination rules. Fulton asks whether religious organizations that contract with Philadelphia to help place foster children in homes have a First Amendment right to discriminate against prospective foster parents.
- Representing a successful cannabis retailer in a lawsuit in Delaware Chancery Court seeking to unwind a complex business transaction involving cannabis dispensaries, in a seven-figure lawsuit asserting multiple claims, including breaches of contract and claims for breach of representations and warranties.
- Representing Google in a high-profile privacy class action lawsuit alleging that Google receives users’ communications with websites and personal information when users are browsing the web in “private” or “incognito” mode. The complaint asserts federal and state wiretapping claims, as well as state constitutional and common law privacy claims.
- Representing Google in a high-profile privacy class action lawsuit alleging that Google improperly obtains browsing data when users have not opted to sync the Google Chrome browser with their Google account. The complaint asserts various federal and state claims, including wiretapping claims, state constitutional and common law privacy claims.
- Representing pharmaceutical company in class action lawsuit and derivative lawsuits.
- Successfully represented client as second-chair of three-day JAMS arbitration for breach of contract, which resulted in an award granting client all damages sought, and denying of the entirety of defendant’s $100 million counterclaim for breach of fiduciary duty and other claims.
- Successfully represented BSI SA, one of the world’s largest private banks, in the investigations involving Malaysia’s sovereign wealth fund, 1Malaysia Development Berhad (“1MDB”) in connection with U.S. criminal and civil investigations, and Swiss criminal and regulatory proceedings. 1MDB is one of the largest money laundering and corruption investigations in history involving authorities in the United States, Switzerland, Singapore, Malaysia and Luxembourg. It involves the theft of over $7 billion from 1MDB, several billion of which was allegedly laundered through BSI, including to finance the movie “The Wolf of Wall Street” and to purchase real estate and art, such as works by Monet and Van Gogh, worth hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Successfully represented two international banks in the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (“FIFA”) facing global criminal investigations in the U.S. and Switzerland that focus on whether accounts at the banks were used to pay bribes to FIFA officials and, if so, whether bank employees were involved in or knew that the accounts were being used to pay bribes.
- Successfully represented the ResCap Liquidating Trust in actions against correspondent lenders, relating to the origination and sale of billions of dollars of defective residential mortgages, with recoveries to date exceeding $1.2 billion.
- Successfully represented Allstate Corporation in a suite of mortgage-backed securities litigation against JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank, Credit Suisse, and other major banks.
- Successfully represented Prudential Financial in a suite of mortgage-backed securities litigation cases against major banks, including Bank of America, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse, Nomura, Merrill Lynch, UBS, and Barclays.
- Yale Law School
- St. John's University
(B.A., English, summa cum laude, 2009)
- Skull and Circle
- Dean's List
- The State Bar of New York
- United States District Court:
- Southern District of New York
- United States Supreme Court
- Rising Star, New York Law Journal, 2019
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section Fellow
- Council of Urban Professionals (CUP) Fellow