Hugo Dobson is an associate in Quinn Emanuel’s London office. He joined the firm in 2019. Hugo qualified from the University of Otago in 2015 with a Bachelor of Laws with Honours (First Class) and a Bachelor of Arts. He was admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand in 2016, and graduated with a Master of Law (First Class) from the University of Cambridge in June 2019.
Prior to joining Quinn Emanuel, Hugo worked as a clerk in the Court of Appeal of New Zealand. While there, he researched various legal areas including contract law and civil procedure. Hugo also spent time in the litigation team of a leading New Zealand law firm, where he worked on a number of commercial disputes involving competition, administrative and contract law.
- University of Cambridge
(LLM, First Class, 2019)
- University of Otago
(LLB Hons, First Class, 2015)
(BA, Philosophy, Politics and Economics, 2015)
- Barrister, The High Court of New Zealand
- Solicitor, The High Court of New Zealand
- Admitted in New Zealand only (practicing under the direct supervision of a member of the bar of England and Wales)
- Judge’s Clerk for the Honourable Justices Anthony Randerson and Murray Gilbert:
- Court of Appeal of New Zealand, Wellington, 2016-2018