Colin Gillespie is an associate in Quinn Emanuel’s New York Office. He joined the firm in 2017. His practice focuses on complex commercial litigation. Prior to joining the firm, he worked in public health; prior to that he clerked for the Honorable Rosemary S. Pooler of the Second Circuit Court of Appeals.
- New York University School of Law
- (J.D., magna cum laude, 2011)
- Order of the Coif
- Florence Allen Scholar
- Northwestern University
- (B.A., English, 2006)
The State Bar of New York; Southern District of New York; Eastern District of New York
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Rosemary S. Pooler:
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit: 2013-2014
Recognized by SuperLawyers as a “Rising Star” in the New York Metro area, 2021, 2022.
- A Modern Integrated Paradigm for International Responsibility Arising from Violations of Economic, Social, and Cultural Rights, 3 Cambridge J. Int’l & Comp. L. 556 (2014) (symposium) (with Diane Desierto).
- Evolutive Interpretation and Subsequent Practice—Interpretive Communities and Processes in the Optional Protocol to the ICESCR, 4 Heidelberg J. Int’l L. 549 (2013) (with Diane Desierto). Reprinted in INTERNATIONAL HUMAN RIGHTS INSTITUTIONS AND ENFORCEMENT (Fausto Pocar ed.) (2019).
- Global Human Rights Monitoring, New Technologies, and the Politics of Information, 23 Eur. J. Int’l L. 1089 (2012) (with Philip Alston).