Hugh is an associate in Quinn Emanuel’s Doha office specialising in complex, high-value disputes. He joined the firm in 2019 and has acted for state entities, public bodies and multinational companies in highly contentious proceedings involving construction, infrastructure, mining and energy. Prior to joining the firm, Hugh was associate to a justice of the Supreme Court of Queensland and an associate in a top tier Australian law firm.
- Queensland University of Technology
(Bachelor of Laws, Honours, 2014)
- University of Queensland
(Bachelor of Journalism, 2011)
- The High Court of Australia
- The Federal Courts of Australia
- The Supreme Court of Queensland
- Winner of the 2018 Brooking Prize presented by the Society of Construction Law, Australia.
- “All Promise Outruns the Performance”: The Enforceability of Extended Promises in Construction Contracts (2018) 34 BCL 263.
- China International Business Transactions and Laws: Key tools for China - Chapter 8: Securities Law (2017, 2nd Ed) Wolters Kluwer.