Joachim Lehnhardt is a German qualified attorney (Rechtsanwalt) and a member of the Brussels bar. He specialized in litigation at both trial and appellate level and has represented numerous international clients in connection with the private enforcement of damages claims.
Joachim represents clients in complex commercial and capital markets litigation including in model case proceedings (Kapitalanlegermusterverfahren).
Joachim has particular expertise in all areas of data protection including clients' representation before regulatory bodies. He is familiar with internal investigation and discovery proceedings and the corresponding privacy issues.
Prior to joining the firm in 2012, Joachim worked at Allen & Overy LLP in Hamburg for six years, and before that was employed as a research assistant at the Institute for Information, Telecommunications and Media Law in Münster.
- State of North Rhine-Westphalia, Düsseldorf Court of Appeals
(2nd State Examination, with honours, 2005)
- University of Münster and and University of Düsseldorf
(1st State Examination, 2000)
- Allen & Overy LLP:
- Senior Associate, International IP Group, 2009 – 2012
- Associate, Communications, Media and Technology Practice Group, 2005 – 2009
- University of Münster, Faculty of Law:
- Assistant at the Chair of Prof. Dr. Thomas Hoeren, Institute for Information, Telecommunications and Media Law in Münster, 2000 – 2003
- Transfer von Mitarbeiterdaten, Arbeit und Arbeitsrecht (November 2011)
- Quoted by Der Unternehmensjurist in "Urheberrecht" (article on copyright law) (May 2011)
- IT Outsourcing: Lessons Learned, Financier Worldwide, co-author with C. Manley (December 2010)
- Quoted by Handelsblatt in Hohe Strafen für Datensammler (21 July 2006)
- Löschung virenbehafteter E-Mails – Eine Radikalkur und ihre rechtlichen Folgen, Datenschutz und Datensicherheit 487 (2003)