Ziyong “Sean” Li is Of Counsel in Quinn Emanuel’s San Francisco office. His practice focuses on high-tech litigation involving intellectual property and competition laws. Sean has experience in diverse fields including microprocessors, integrated circuit (IC) designs, consumer electronics, medical devices, telecommunications, semiconductor devices, and computer hardware and software. He has represented clients in all phases of litigation, successfully briefed and presented motions in court, negotiated with opposing counsel to reach early, favorable settlements, and represented his clients’ interests at trial. Before going to law school, Sean majored physics and minored psychology at Peking University.
- BGI Genomics
- Complete Genomics
- PACT XPP Schweiz AG
- Qualcomm Incorporated
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC)
- Represented Qualcomm against Apple in an ITC investigation over patents relating to integrated circuit designs.
- Represented Waymo against Uber in a federal district court case over trade secrets concerning artificial intelligence and self-driving.
- Represented a leading silicon valley technology company in a confidential trade secret investigation against its rival and former employees.
- Represented MediaTek in a federal district court case against Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) over patents relating to microprocessor technologies.
- Represented patent owner PACT XPP and defended its 12 patents in 12 inter partes review proceedings against Intel. The patents-at-issue concern microprocessor technologies.
- Represented patent owner Alacritech and defended its eight patents in over 40 inter partes review proceedings against Intel, Dell, Cavium, and Wistron. The patents-at-issue concern intelligent network card.
- University of Washington School of Law
- Peking University Law School
(Master of Law, Intellectual Property Law, 2008)
- Peking University
(B.S., Physics, 2006)
(B.S., Psychology, 2006)
- The State Bar of California
- The State Bar of Washington
- United States District Court:
- Northern District of California
- Eastern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals:
- Ninth Circuit
- The United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Bunsow De Mory Smith and Allison LLP:
- Associate, 2012-2017
- Associate, 2012-2017
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP:
- Attorney, 2011-2012
Presentation, Practising Law Institute’s Intellectual Property Law Institute 2019 (October 21, 2019).
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association