James Mayers is an associate working out of Quinn Emanuel’s London office. He joined the firm in 2017. His practice focuses on all aspects of high value contentious and transactional construction law in the UK, Middle East and Asia, specializing in multi-billion dollar oil and gas, energy and infrastructure projects. He has advised numerous government agencies, national oil companies, public bodies, developers, contractors and consultants in various industry sectors and has represented clients in a number of dispute resolution forums, including mediation, adjudication, expert determination, international arbitration and litigation. James was recognized in Chambers Global 2017 as a notable practitioner for Dispute Resolution in Qatar.
- University of Northumbria
- (LLB (Hons) Exempting, first class honours, 2007)
- Speaker: Project Management on Major Projects in Qatar: A Lawyer’s Perspective – What works, what does not, how to resolve claims and avoid arbitration, Doha legal seminar series
- Speaker: Performance security in Qatar: Bonds, Parent Company Guarantees and Security: Managing the process and the risk, Doha legal seminar series
- Speaker: Common law concepts in Qatari Law Contracts, Doha legal seminar series
- Speaker: Damages under Qatari law, Doha legal seminar series
- Speaker: The FIDIC Yellow Book: Is the form “fit for purpose” for use in GCC projects, Doha legal seminar series