Tessa McKeown is an associate in Quinn Emanuel’s London office. She joined the firm in 2019. Her practice focuses on complex commercial litigation.
Tessa graduated from Victoria University of Wellington with a Bachelor of Laws with First Class Honours and a Bachelor of Arts, majoring in History. She was admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand in 2015. Tessa subsequently graduated from the University of Cambridge with a LLM (First Class).
Prior to joining the firm, Tessa worked at a leading New Zealand law firm. While there, Tessa worked on a wide range of commercial disputes including disputes related to company, insurance, property, contract and tort law. Tessa has appeared as counsel in New Zealand’s District Court and as junior counsel in New Zealand’s High Court and Supreme Court.
- University of Cambridge
- (LLM, First Class, 2019)
- Master’s Prize and Principal’s List for Achievement
- Victoria University of Wellington
- (B.A., History, 2014)
- (LLB, First Class Honours, 2015)
- Dean’s List for Academic Excellence
- Victoria University of Wellington Law Review:
- Assistant Student Editor
- Jonathan Scragg & Tessa McKeown “Litigation”, “Mediation” and “Arbitration” in Practical Guidance: Investing in New Zealand (online looseleaf ed, Lexis Nexis, 2017).
- Jonathan Scragg, Nicholas Quirke & Tessa McKeown “New Zealand” in Andrew Horrocks and Maurice Phelan (eds) Commercial Litigation: International Series (2nd ed, Thomson Reuters, 2015).
- Tessa McKeown “The Nuremberg Trial: Procedural Due Process at the International Military Tribunal” (2014) 45(1) VUWLR 109.