Eric Shi is an associate in Quinn Emanuel’s London office. He joined the firm in 2022. His practice focuses on complex commercial litigation and international arbitration. Eric was admitted as a solicitor in Australia in 2018.
Prior to joining the firm, Eric clerked for the Chief Justice of the Federal Court of Australia and worked as a solicitor at a leading international law firm in Sydney, where he acted in civil disputes and regulatory investigations spanning a range of sectors, including financial services, construction and insurance. Eric graduated from the University of Sydney with honours degrees in English and law. He subsequently completed the Masters of Law Degree with Distinction at the University of Cambridge. He ranked first in his cohort and received several academic prizes, including the B. R. D. Clarke Prize for Best Overall Performance and the Chancellor’s Medal for English Law.
- University of Cambridge
(LL.M., Commercial Law, First Class with Distinction, 2022)
- Australian National University
- University of Sydney
(LL.B., with Honours, 2017)
(B.A., with Honours, 2014)
- Solicitor, Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Admitted to practice in the High Court of Australia
- Admitted in Australia only (Practicing under the direct supervision of a member of The Bar of England and Wales)
- Associate to the Honourable Chief Justice J. L. B. Allsop:
- Federal Court of Australia, 2018-2021