Madeline Smedley is an associate in Quinn Emanuel’s Washington, D.C. office, which she joined in 2020. Prior to working for the firm, Madeline was a law clerk for Judge Royce C. Lamberth on the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. She earned her B.A. in Political Science from the University of Richmond and her J.D. from The George Washington University Law School.
- The George Washington University Law School
(J.D., highest honors, 2019)
- First in Class
- The George Washington University Law Review:
- Moot Court Competition:
- University of Richmond
(B.A., Political Science, summa cum laude, 2016)
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Royce C. Lamberth:
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia, 2019-2020
- “Hearsay in the Modern Age: Balancing Practicality and Reliability by Amending Federal Rule of Evidence 801(d)(1)(A)” was published in The George Washington University Law Review (Volume 87, Issue 1).