Ashleigh Whittaker is a Senior Associate in Quinn Emanuel’s Sydney office. Ashleigh joined the firm in 2018. Her practice focuses on complex commercial litigation. Prior to joining the firm, Ashleigh worked as a litigator at a leading commercial litigation practice in Australia. She has acted for corporate clients in a large range of complex commercial disputes, including matters in the High Court of Australia, the Federal Court of Australia, the Supreme Court of NSW, as well as matters involving the jurisdictions of ICAC, the ACCC and ASIC.
Ashleigh’s prior experience also includes work for a global accounting firm and for the international arm of the Colombian Ministry of Information Technology, where she was involved in developing inter-governmental cooperation projects and international declarations. She also has experience in the legal publishing industry and in the community legal sector where Ashleigh has acted for refugees and persons seeking asylum in disputes against the Australian Government.
- Australian National University
- (PLT, 2014)
- Macquarie University
- (LL.B., first class honors, 2014)
- (B.A., Psychology, distinction, 2014)
Supreme Court of New South Wales; High Court of Australia
- Directors Duties – Resource Book: Practical Guidance for Entrepreneurs, 2017 (Resource Book)
- Employment Law – Practical Guidance for Entrepreneurs, 2017 (Resource Book)
- Intellectual Property – Practical Guidance for Entrepreneurs, 2017 (Resource Book)
- Subpoenas to Produce: Refusing to comply due to insufficient conduct money, 2016 (Article)
- New protections for small businesses against unfair contract terms, 2016 (Article)
- ASIC Infringement Notices – you don’t have to contravene to contravene, 2016 (Article)
- Arbitrate or Adjudicate: Do you still get a choice? 2015 (Article)