Jeffrey Wu is an associate in Quinn Emanuel's Salt Lake City office. Dr. Wu's practice focuses on complex and high-stakes intellectual property litigation. He has represented clients in a wide variety of technology areas including the biotechnology, chemical, life sciences, medical device, pharmaceutical, and wireless/telecom industries. Dr. Wu's practice also includes counseling clients regarding global IP portfolio strategy, due diligence, product development, marketing agreements, trade secrets, acquisitions, licensing, antitrust, and regulatory enforcement matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Dr. Wu worked as an intellectual property litigation associate for a major international law firm. Dr. Wu holds a Ph.D. in Microbiology and Molecular Biology and performed his research in the area of biochemical/chemical engineering, focusing on industrial enzyme engineering and synthetic biology. He is registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office and is a member of the Litigation Committee of the Intellectual Property Owner's Association.
- Brigham Young University
(Ph.D., Microbiology and Molecular Biology, 2014)
- University of Southern California, Gould School of Law
- Early Entrance Program, California State University, Los Angeles
(B.S., summa cum laude, 2002)
- Invited Panel Speaker on "USPTO's Subject Matter Eligibility: The Dos and Don’t's in 2017 and Beyond." July 2017 Webcast, The Knowledge Group.
- Wu JC, Hutchings CH, Lindsay MJ, Werner CJ, Bundy BC. 2015. Enhanced Enzyme Stability Through Site-Directed Covalent Immobilization. Journal of Biotechnology. 193(1):83-90.
- Wu JC, Smith MT, Varner CT, Bundy BC. 2013. Enhanced protein stability through minimally-invasive, direct, covalent and site-specific immobilization. Biotechnology Progress. 29(1):247-254.
- Schinn SM, Bradley W, Groesbeck A, Wu J, Broadbent A, Bundy BC. 2017. Rapid In Vitro Screening for the Location-Dependent Effects of Unnatural Amino Acids on Protein Expression and Activity. Biotechnology and Bioengineering. 114(10):2412–2417.
- Arnaz KR, Wu JC, Bundy BC, Jewett MC. 2013. Transforming Synthetic Biology with Cell-free Systems. In Synthetic Biology: Tools and Applications. Zhao H, Ed. Elsevier Inc. Publication Date: June 15, 2013.