Henning Wienstroth is a lawyer and counsel in our Hamburg office. Mr. Wienstroth has extensive experience in advising and representing lawyers in commercial law disputes. This includes, in particular, extensive experience in the areas of antitrust and antitrust damages law, capital market law and regulatory disputes.
In the field of antitrust law, Mr. Wienstroth advises clients in proceedings before the Federal Cartel Office and the European Commission as well as in numerous antitrust damages proceedings (so-called follow-on and standalone lawsuits). In addition, Mr. Wienstroth has advised clients at the intersection of intellectual property and competition law.
In the field of capital market law, Mr. Wienstroth advises and represents a large number of national and international investors in various important ("bet-the-company") cases, for example in one of the largest investor cases in Germany and in one case in connection with the privatization of a former German Landesbank.
Mr. Wienstroth also has extensive experience in internal investigations and has successfully advised clients in disputes with the German Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin) and the U.S. Department of Justice.
Mr. Wienstroth completed his studies at Bucerius Law School in Hamburg and the University of Cambridge in England. After completing his studies, he initially worked as a research assistant at Bucerius Law School. He completed his legal clerkship at the Hanseatic Higher Regional Court of Hamburg. He joined Quinn Emanuel in 2013.
- Representation of various plaintiffs in cartel damages proceedings in connection with anti-competitive agreements on card payment fees.
- Advising and representing a German car manufacturer in various cartel damages proceedings in connection with car supplier cartels.
- Representation of various other plaintiffs and defendants in proceedings in connection with European and German cartels.
- Representation of a group of international and national investors in investor lawsuits in connection with the "diesel scandal".
- Representation of a group of international Tier 1 bondholders in proceedings against HSH Nordbank AG (now: Hamburg Commerical Bank AG).
- Representation of various international investors in connection with investments in real estate funds.
- Representation of a private bank vis-à-vis BaFin.
- Representation of shipping companies in connection with investigations by BaFin.
- Advising various Swiss financial institutions in connection with investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice.
- Legal clerkship at the Hanseatic Higher Regional Court of Hamburg
(Second State Examination, Predicate, 2013)
- Studies at Bucerius Law School, Hamburg, and the University of Cambridge, England
(First State Examination, Predicate, 2010)
- Admitted to the bar at the Hanseatic Bar Association Hamburg
- Ranked in Litigation by The Best Lawyers in Germany: Ones to Watch, 2023
- GCR Know How IP & Antitrust 2016: Germany, zusammen mit Nadine Herrmann, Global Competition Review (September 2016)
- EU: IP & Antitrust, The European, Middle Eastern and African Antitrust Review 2017, zusammen mit Nadine Herrmann, Global Competition Review (August 2016)
- GCR Know-how, IP & Antitrust: Germany, zusammen mit Nadine Herrmann und Catherine Manley, Global Competition Review (September 2015)
- Internetregulierung im Lichte des Zensurverbots (Internet regulation and censorship ban),Bucerius Law Journal, pp. 98-104 (2009)
- Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht
- Competition Litigation Forum