Cary Adickman is an associate in Quinn Emanuel’s New York office. He joined the firm in 2018. His practice focuses on patent litigation involving computer systems, telecommunications, electronics and software. Before joining the firm, Cary worked at another global law firm, where his practice also included patent prosecution, trademark, and IP counseling in addition to patent litigation. Cary’s experience also includes work in the IT industry as a system engineer.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
(J.D., cum laude, 2013)
- Washington University in Saint Louis
(B.A., Computational Linguistics, 2007)
- Dean’s List
The State Bar of New York
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch for Patent Litigation, 2021 and 2022
- Co-Author, Willful Infringement and Enhanced Damages, Post-Halo, Daily Journal (December 2018).
- Author, Supreme Court Takes up Constitutionality of Inter Partes Review, Lime Green IP News (June 21, 2017).
- Co-Author, District Court Defines Scope of IPR Estoppel by Specifying When Prior Art “Reasonably Could Have Been Raised” in an IPR, Lime Green IP News (Mar. 24, 2016).
- Co-Author, U.S. Supreme Court Rejects Federal Circuit’s Standard for Inducement of Patent Infringement, Lime Green IP News (July 1, 2014).
- Grin and Forbear It: Suffering Statutory Forbearance Under the Telecommunications Act of 1996, Telecomms. Pol’y Res. Conf. (2013).
- Special Access: The Harm of Premature Deregulation in Telecommunications, 31 Cardozo Arts & Ent. L.J. 113 (2012).