Cary Adickman is an associate in Quinn Emanuel’s New York office. He joined the firm in 2018. His practice focuses on complex patent litigation involving technologies such as enterprise data management systems, web and cloud services, cellular technology and telecommunications, computer software, consumer electronics, cryptography, embedded systems, key duplication, wearable medical devices, and metal 3D printing. Before joining Quinn Emanuel, Cary worked at another global law firm where his practice also included patent prosecution, trademark, and IP counseling in addition to patent litigation. Before he became an attorney, Cary worked as a UNIX system engineer in the health care IT industry.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
(J.D., cum laude, 2013)
- Washington University in Saint Louis
(B.A., Computational Linguistics, 2007)
- Dean’s List
- The State Bar of New York
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch, Litigation - Intellectual Property, Patent, 2021-2024
- Named as a Thomson Reuters “Stand-Out Lawyer” and will be included in their database of client-nominated lawyers in private practice, 2023
- Listed in Super Lawyers: Rising Stars, Litigation - Intellectual Property, 2023
- Co-Author, How Fintiv Stipulations Affect IPR Institution, By The Numbers, Law360 (Feb. 2022).
- Co-Author, Willful Infringement and Enhanced Damages, Post-Halo, Daily Journal (December 2018).
- Author, Supreme Court Takes up Constitutionality of Inter Partes Review, Lime Green IP News (June 21, 2017).
- Co-Author, District Court Defines Scope of IPR Estoppel by Specifying When Prior Art “Reasonably Could Have Been Raised” in an IPR, Lime Green IP News (Mar. 24, 2016).
- Co-Author, U.S. Supreme Court Rejects Federal Circuit’s Standard for Inducement of Patent Infringement, Lime Green IP News (July 1, 2014).
- Grin and Forbear It: Suffering Statutory Forbearance Under the Telecommunications Act of 1996, Telecomms. Pol’y Res. Conf. (2013).
- Special Access: The Harm of Premature Deregulation in Telecommunications, 31 Cardozo Arts & Ent. L.J. 113 (2012).