Stacylyn Doore is a Partner in Quinn Emanuel’s Boston Office. She divides her practice between complex commercial litigation, where she represents both plaintiffs and defendants in breach of contract, business torts, fraud, securities, trade secrets, and employment matters, and securities enforcement, where she focuses on insider trading, market manipulation, and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigations. Stacylyn’s mix of experience ensures she views issues from multiple angles—considering collateral regulatory consequences in commercial cases and thinking critically about the evidentiary endgame in investigations.
Stacylyn has extensive experience managing every aspect of case development, from pre-Complaint disputes through trials and appeals. She has appeared at trial, where she has examined and cross-examined witnesses; taken and defended dozens of depositions (both fact and expert); drafted and argued dozens of dispositive and discovery motions; and managed complex e-discovery efforts. She works closely with clients every step of the way, offering practical advice and solutions to often difficult discovery issues.
Stacylyn has also worked closely with expert witnesses on complex damages and statistical matters. In a recent case, Stacylyn’s work on the damages analysis resulted in the plaintiff’s reducing the alleged damages number by over $20 million.
Stacylyn developed additional trial and appellate courtroom experience while serving as an Assistant District Attorney for Middlesex County where she prosecuted jury trials and argued evidentiary motions regularly and as an Assistant Attorney General in the Administrative Law Division of the Massachusetts Attorney General's Office.
Stacylyn has an active pro bono practice, with a focus on immigration rights of children.
- Ambac Financial Group
- Berkeley Research Group
- Boston Children's Hospital
- Law Debenture Trust Company
- TMI Trust Company
- TPG Capital LP
- Westfield Capital
- Trial counsel in a three week RMBS putback trial on behalf of TMI Trust Company against WMC Mortgage LLC, where TMI sought repurchase of thousands of mortgage loans, and damages of hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Represented certain investors and trustees in several multi-hundred-million-dollar RMBS loan repurchase actions pending in New York state/federal court.
- Trial counsel in a $30 million wrongful termination and contractual dispute brought by a former partner of a money management firm. Won a complete jury verdict for the defendant in a trial lasting over three weeks, and defeated the plaintiff’s subsequent appeal.
- Counsel to investment advisors and private equity fund managers in connection with SEC enforcement matters, including responses to investigative subpoenas.
- Part of team that represented a U.S.-based multinational medical device company in an industry-wide FCPA investigation involving countries across Europe, Asia, and South America.
- Part of team that successfully represented a leading private equity firm in defense of multiple shareholder actions in several jurisdictions challenging their multibillion-dollar acquisition of a multinational pharmaceutical company.
- Blockchain and Digital Asset Practice
- Employment Litigation & Counseling
- Environmental, Social and Governance, ESG Litigation
- Government & Regulatory Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Trade Secret Litigation
- Investigations, Government Enforcement & White Collar Criminal Defense Practice
- Investment Fund Litigation
- Litigation Representing Plaintiffs
- Securities Litigation
- Sexual Harassment & Employment Discrimination
- Securities Enforcement Defense Practice
- Harvard Law School
- Journal on Legislation:
- Supervising Editor
- Supervising Editor
- Journal on Legislation:
- Georgetown University
(A.B., Philosophy (Honors) and Economics, summa cum laude, 2007)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- The State Bar of Massachusetts
- United States District Court:
- District of Massachusetts
- Ropes &Gray, LLP:
- Litigation Associate, 2011-2018
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch, “Women in the Law," 2022
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch for Commercial Litigation, 2022
- Michael Liftik and Stacylyn Doore, “The Name Game: Sorting Through The ESG Frenzy” Firm Memoranda (October 2021).
- Michael Liftik and Stacylyn Doore, “SEC 2021 Exam Priorities Show Little Change from Prior Years, But Will Focus on Impact of Pandemic on Regulated Entities” Firm Memoranda (March 2021).
- Jonathan D. Schmidt, Matthew L. McGinnis and Stacylyn M. Dewey, “What Newman Means for the Market,” Westlaw Journal White-Collar Crime (November 2015).
- Lucy C. Hynes, Matthew L. McGinnis and Stacylyn M. Dewey, “The Shifting Landscape Of Insider Trading Law Following United States v. Newman,” Seeking Alpha (February 2015).
- Harvey J. Wolkoff and Stacylyn M. Dewey, “Using the Common Interest Privilege in Transactions,” Corporate Counsel (February 2015).