Matthew Mazzotta is an associate in Quinn Emanuel’s Boston office. He joined the firm in 2020. His practice focuses on civil litigation and appellate advocacy.
Matthew represents clients in a variety of lawsuits, arbitrations, mediations, investigations, and governmental and regulatory proceedings. He recently served on an international arbitration team that won a $100 million judgment on behalf of a manufacturing client. His clients span a number of industries, including private equity, financial services, pharmaceuticals, life sciences, biotechnology, healthcare, hospitals, medical devices, medical imaging, manufacturing, electronics, technology, software, e-commerce, retail, consumer goods, construction, higher education, and insurance.
Matthew maintains an active pro bono practice, and has won multiple awards for voting rights litigation and advocacy on behalf of citizens of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Prior to joining Quinn Emanuel, Matthew worked at Ropes & Gray, LLP in Boston, and completed clerkships on the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court and in the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts. He also served as a legal fellow in the Office of the Governor’s Legal Counsel for former Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick. Prior to law school, Matthew was a television and freelance radio journalist in Boston, primarily at NECN.
- Boston College Law School
(J.D., Magna Cum Laude, 2010)
- Order of the Coif
- Boston College Law Review:
- Symposium Editor
- 2010 Boston College Law School Graduate School Academic Achievement Award
- Haverford College
(B.A., History, 1995)
- Ropes & Gray, LLP:
- Associate, 2013-2020
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Chief Judge Mark L. Wolf:
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, 2012–2013
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Chief Justice Margaret H. Marshall & Associate Justice Fernande R. V. Duffly:
- Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court, 2010–2011
- Morning Executive Producer, A.M. Live Producer, NewsNight Producer, Assignment Editor, 1999-2007
- News Director and Municipal Access Coordinator, Producer: 1995-1999
- Lawyers for Civil Rights, 2020 Leadership in Pro Bono and Community Service Award
- Boston Bar Association, 2020 Thurgood Marshall Award
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, Rising Star 2016–2019
- Harry Dow Memorial Legal Assistance Fund, 2019 Justice in Action Award
- Lawyers for Civil Rights, 2013 Civil Rights Pro Bono Recognition Award
- Hong Kong Is Becoming a Top International Arbitration Venue, Law360 (April 11, 2019)
- Balancing Act: Finding Consensus on Standards for Unmasking Anonymous Internet Speakers, 51 B.C. L. Rev. 833 (2010)