Rory Nolan is an associate in Quinn Emanuel’s London office. He joined the firm in 2021. His practice focuses on commercial litigation and international arbitration. Rory was admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand in 2016.
Prior to joining the firm, Rory practiced as a solicitor at a leading New Zealand full-service law firm, and as a barrister at New Zealand’s pre-eminent Chambers. His experience as a commercial litigator includes specialisms in contentious insolvency, complex negligence lawsuits and construction disputes. Rory has appeared in every major New Zealand court (as counsel or junior counsel), including the Supreme Court of New Zealand in a landmark voidable transaction case.
Rory is a graduate of the University of Auckland, where he received the Faculty of Law Dean’s Academic Excellence Award for graduating in the top 10% of his cohort. He has recently completed a Master of Laws (specializing in commercial law and international arbitration) at the London School of Economics and Political Science.
- The London School of Economics and Political Science
(LL.M., Master of Laws, 2021).
- University of Auckland
(B.A., Film, Television and Media Studies, 2015)
(Bachelor of Law, 2015)
- Faculty of Law Dean’s Academic Excellence Award
- Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- Admitted in New Zealand only (practicing under the direct supervision of a member of the bar of England and Wales)
- “The Film Industry Working Group Report – There and Back Again?” Bankside Chambers Limited (March 2019).
- “Justice Whata’s Landmark Sentencing Decision”, Bankside Chambers Limited (October 2018).