Victor Noskov is a partner in Quinn Emanuel’s New York office. His practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, with an emphasis on bankruptcy and restructuring. Victor advises a wide range of clients, including investment funds, bankruptcy trustees, companies, individuals, and creditor groups in state and federal courts, including key representations related to the following chapter 11 cases: LATAM Airlines (S.D.N.Y.); Ditech Holding Corporation (S.D.N.Y.); Toys “R” Us (E.D. Va.); iHeartMedia (S.D. Tex.); GenOn (S.D. Tex.); Berry Petroleum Co. (S.D. Tex.); Petters Company (D. Minn.); and Lyondell Basell (S.D.N.Y.). Victor’s recent state court representations include key roles in the high profile lawsuits challenging up-tier recapitalization transactions by TriMark USA and Boardriders.
In August 2019, Victor was runner-up for the American Lawyer’s “Litigator of the Week” for his role as lead counsel to the Official Committee of Consumer Creditors in the Ditech bankruptcy. In that case—also covered by Bloomberg News, the Wall Street Journal, and other outlets—Quinn Emanuel successfully objected to the Debtors’ proposed $1.8 billion sale of their business and ultimately negotiated a settlement ensuring significant recoveries and providing unprecedented protections for consumer borrowers in connection with the sale. In August 2020, Victor also received a 2021 Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch recognition for Litigation – Bankruptcy.
Prior to joining Quinn Emanuel, Victor worked in the financial restructuring group at the New York office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP and represented clients in a variety of industries, including energy, entertainment, distribution and manufacturing, healthcare, and aviation. Victor obtained his law degree from Fordham Law School, a master's in European Union Law from Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas, and an A.B. in Politics from Princeton University.
- Access Industries, Inc.
- Brigade Capital Management LP
- KKR & Co. Inc.
- Knighthead Capital Management LLC
- Oaktree Capital Management
- Official Committee of Consumer Creditors of Ditech Holding LLC
- PCI Liquidation Trust, the Chapter 7 Trustee of Polaroid Corp
- Toys Labuan (Holding) Limited
- TriMark USA, LLC
- Representing Knighthead Capital in LATAM Airline’s chapter 11 proceedings, successfully objecting to LATAM Airline’s proposed $1.45 billion debtor-in-possession financing because it was an improper sub rosa plan. See In re Latam Airlines Grp. S.A., 620 B.R. 722 (Bankr. S.D.N.Y. 2020).
- Representing KKR portfolio companies Monterra and Servitux in connection with issues related to an oil storage construction project in Central Mexico.
- Representing Oaktree Capital in New York State Court litigation concerning recent recapitalization transactions entered into by Boardriders, a leading action sports and lifestyle company.
- Representing TriMark USA—the country’s largest restaurant supply business—in New York State Court litigation concerning a recent recapitalization transaction entered into by the company.
- Represented the Official Committee of Consumer Creditors in Ditech Holding LLC’s chapter 11 proceedings and obtaining a number of favorable rulings, including successfully objecting to the Debtors’ plan of reorganization because it improperly sought to erase consumer creditors' claims against the Company as part of a $1.8 billion sale because it violated the best interests of creditors test. See In re Ditech Holding Corp., 606 B.R. 544 (Bankr. S.D.N.Y. 2019).
- Represented the PCI Liquidation Trust, the Chapter 7 Trustee of Polaroid Corp., and the Chapter 7 Trustee of Petters Capital in a fraudulent transfer action against a major bank and private equity firm stemming from their sale of Polaroid to Thomas Petters, who orchestrated one of the largest Ponzi schemes in history.
- Represented Toys Labuan (Holding) Limited in connection with Chapter 11 bankruptcy of Toys “R” Us.
- Represented Access Industries and Len Blavatnik in defending against more than $3 billion in fraudulent conveyance and preference claims arising out of the leveraged buyout of LyondellBasell. Following a three-week trial, the bankruptcy court rejected virtually all of the litigation trustee's claims, awarding the trustee just $7 million.
- Represented major Canadian company in connection with potential Canadian insolvency proceedings and recognition in the United States.
- Advise various funds on investment in and enforcement of investments in international sovereign and sovereign-related bonds.
- Bankruptcy & Restructuring
- Investment Fund Litigation
- Domestic U.S. Arbitration
- Hedge Fund Litigation
- Investment Advisor & Asset Manager Litigation
- Private Equity Fund Litigation
- Lender Liability & Other Banking Financial Institution Litigation
- Litigation Representing Plaintiffs
- Mergers & Acquisitions Litigation
- Fordham University School of Law
(J.D., cum laude, 2012)
- Fordham Law Review
- Fordham Law Review
- Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas
(LL.M., European Union Law, 2012)
- Princeton University
(A.B., Politics, 2008)
- The State Bar of New York
- United States District Court:
- Southern District of New York
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Associate, 2012-2016
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch for Bankruptcy Litigation, 2021.