José R. Pereyó has been an associate in Quinn Emanuel’s Washington office since 2014. His practice focuses on international commercial arbitration and investment arbitration. He represents clients in international disputes all around the world and has experience with investor-state and commercial arbitrations administered by the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), the International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), and ad hoc arbitrations under the UNCITRAL Rules, amongst others. Mr. Pereyó also has experience in commercial litigation.
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- (LL.M., International Arbitration and Information Technology (Commercial Law specialism), 2010)
- University of Puerto Rico School of Law
- (Juris Doctor, 2007)
- Georgetown University
- (B.S., Foreign Service, International Politics, International Law, Organization and Ethics, 2004)
- A Bridge too far: A survey into an arbitrator’s ex officio application of the law, Revista Brasileira de Arbitragem, No. 36 (Oct – Dec 2012).
- Panorama de Jurisprudencia Francesa, comentario sobre el caso Dallah, Spain Arbitration Review (Revista del Club Español de Arbitraje), No. 15/2012.
- Crimen y Rehabilitación: La Experiencia de las Cortes de Drogas, 75 Rev. Jur. UPR 1455 (2006).
Conferences and Debates
- Speaker at the ICC YAF Conference "Arbitration in Tourism Projects in the Latin American Region", within the framework of the VII Central American Convention on Arbitration Centers "Efficient conduction of arbitration processes: challenges and opportunities" held in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic (October 29, 2017).
- Speaker at the ICC YAF Conference "Globalization and Transparency in International Arbitration" within the framework of the 2nd ICC Mexican Arbitration Day held in Mexico City, Mexico (June 21, 2018).
- Speaker at the Freshfields-ASIL Young Arbitrator Debate on "This House believes that Section 1782 is a disruptive discovery mechanism that can give rise to guerrilla tactics and the circumvention of procedural rules established by arbitral tribunals" held in Washington, D.C. (November 28, 2018).
- Speaker at the ICC YAF Conference "Updates and expansion of international arbitration in Latin America in the energy, mining, infrastructure, finance and telecommunications" within the framework of the X International Arbitration Congress held in San José, Costa Rica (February 24, 2019).