Margaret Shyr is an associate in Quinn Emanuel’s Silicon Valley office. She joined the firm in 2014. She obtained a B.S. in Chemical Engineering from M.I.T. in 2003, a Ph.D. in Materials Science and Engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2009, and a J.D. from Northwestern University School of Law in 2014. Margaret is registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Before attending law school, she prosecuted patent applications before the U.S.P.T.O. as a patent agent.
- Northwestern University School of Law
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
(B.S., Chemical Engineering, 2003)
- Named a Next Generation Honoree for "Women Leaders in Tech Law 2018" by The Recorder.
- M. Shyr, D. Wernette, P. Wiltzius, Y. Lu, P. Braun: DNA and DNAzyme-mediated 2-D Colloidal Assembly, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 130, 8234-8240 (2008).
- P.V. Braun, M.H.S. Shyr, Y.-C. Chen, M.C. George, P. Wiltzius: DNA and Holographically directed assembly of complex photonic crystals, Polymer Preprints, 49, (2), 965 (2008).