Tanja Stooß is a German qualified attorney (Rechtsanwältin) in Quinn Emanuel’s Stuttgart office.
Tanja specializes in German and international commercial arbitration. She advises and represents clients in arbitration proceedings and has served as Tribunal Secretary in numerous arbitration proceedings. Tanja has been the regional coordinator of DIS40 (young practitioners group of the German Arbitration Institute) in Stuttgart since 2021.
With a focus on cross-border disputes, Tanja also represents clients before German state courts at the trial and appellate level.
Tanja joined the firm in 2022. Prior to joining the firm, Tanja worked as an attorney in the Dispute Resolution practice group of a major German law firm.
Tanja graduated from the University of Heidelberg in 2012. Subsequently, she was a research assistant in the Dispute Resolution practice group of a major German law firm. In addition, she was coaching the teams of the University of Heidelberg for the “Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot” competition. In 2017, Tanja completed her legal clerkship at the Higher Regional Court of Karlsruhe, with stages inter alia at Quinn Emanuel and a Spanish law firm with a focus on alternative dispute resolution.
- Higher Regional Court of Karlsruhe
(Second Legal State Examination, 2017)
- Heidelberg University
(First Legal State Examination, 2012)
- The German Bar (Rechtsanwaltskammer Stuttgart)
- „Die vorzeitige Beendigung der Schiedsrichtertätigkeit“, Festschrift für Herbert Kronke, Verlag Ernst und Werner Gieseking, 2020: pp. 1517-1527 (co-author: Dorothee Ruckteschler)
- „International Commercial Courts: A Superior Alternative to Arbitration?”, Journal of International Arbitration 36, no. 4 (2019): pp. 431-450 (co-author: Dorothee Ruckteschler)
- “Do international commercial courts represent renewed competition for arbitration?“, Business Law Magazine, no. 2 (2016), 06.06.2019 (co-author: Dorothee Ruckteschler)
- „Englischsprachige Handelsgerichte – Ein Gegenangriff auf die Schiedsgerichtsbarkeit?“, Legal Tribune Online, 06.03.2019 (co-author: Dorothee Ruckteschler)
- “Climate Finance and Arbitration”, DIS40 Autumn Conference 2019, Berlin, 10.09.2019
- "Challenges in Preparing Effective Damages Evidence", CIArb-YMG Annual Conference, Istanbul, 19.10.2013