Manthi Wickrama-sooriya is a Senior Associate in Quinn Emanuel’s London office. He is an international arbitration and commercial litigation specialist with broad experience acting as counsel and advocate in complex cross-border disputes, with a special focus on M&A disputes.
Manthi has extensive experience in litigating before the English High Court, the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court and has represented clients in high value complex arbitrations ($1 billion+) conducted under most of the major arbitral rules, including ICC, LCIA, UNCITRAL, SIAC and HKIAC and in jurisdictions such as Argentina, Dubai, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, Rwanda and Ukraine. Having also practised in Hong Kong, Manthi has substantial experience in APAC and cross-border China related disputes.
Manthi is published in international arbitration and public international law, including a chapter on 'Restructuring Investments to Achieve Investment Treaty Protection' in the Kluwer volume celebrating the first 50 years of ICSID and regularly speaks on disputes-related topics.
- The College of Law
(Legal Practice Course, with Distinction, 2010)
- University of Cambridge, Fitzwilliam College
(M.A. (Cantab), Law, with Honors, 2009)
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Breach but no damage in ICSID arbitration (Urbaser v Argentina), LexisNexis, Feb. 2017
- Restructuring Investments to Achieve Investment Treaty Protection, Building International Investment Law: The First 50 Years of ICSID, by S. Jagusch, A. Sinclair and M. Wickramasooriya, Dec. 2015
- A Comparison of ICSID and UNCITRAL Arbitration for Investment Arbitration, Croatian Arbitration Yearbook, 20th vol., by Jeffrey Sullivan and M. Wickramasooriya, Dec. 2013
- Case Note on PT Prima International Development v Kempinski, Mealey’s International Arbitration Report, by Shobna Chandran and M. Wickramasooriya, Sept. 2012