- What is similar and what is different to how KSA law has previously adjudicated disputes?
- Which shariah maxims are appended and which of those are not in similar codes?
- How will the retroactive effect aspect work in practice?
- The code enhances self-remedies and encourages parties to negotiate in good faith. How far this is different from other civil codes in the region?
- Should arbitrators draw inspiration and seek guidance from judgments in neighborhood countries for the implementation of the civil code?
- How can the code be expected to grow? It appears shorter than some of the others – at least for now.
- Whether new codes are needed alongside the civil code to cover all aspects of commercial matters e.g., commercial transactions code as typically works in other jurisdictions in the region?
Date: 15 November 2023
Location: The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
For more information and to register, click here.