Nikolas Bruce-Smith is a Senior Associate in Quinn Emanuel’s London office. He joined the firm in 2017. Nikolas qualified from Victoria University of Wellington in 2012 with a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and a Bachelor of Arts. He was admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand in 2012.
Prior to joining the firm, Nikolas worked at New Zealand’s leading full-service commercial law firm. While there, Nikolas worked on a variety of commercial ligation and arbitration, including, contract disputes, energy sector disputes, insurance, public law, maritime and fisheries. Nikolas has appeared as junior counsel in commercial cases in the New Zealand Court of Appeal, High Court and arbitrations. He gained particular experience in mediating and negotiating settlements of disputes, including regularly acting as lead counsel at settlement meetings.
- College of Law New Zealand
- (L.P.C., 2012)
- Victoria University of Wellington
- (LL.B., Honours, 2012)
- (B.A., International Relations and Political Science, 2012)
- Barrister, The High Court of New Zealand
- Solicitor, The High Court of New Zealand
- Admitted in New Zealand only (practicing under the direct supervision of a member of the bar of England and Wales)