Rachel Epstein is a partner in Quinn Emanuel’s New York Office. She is an experienced litigator with a focus on complex commercial litigation and international arbitration across all industries, including: technology, entertainment, insurance, energy, and financial institutions. Rachel has an active trial practice as both plaintiff and defense counsel, and has had leading roles in numerous trials and arbitrations, including intellectual property, licensing, technology, and media and entertainment disputes. Rachel also regularly counsels clients in employment matters. Prior to joining Quinn Emanuel, Rachel clerked for Hon. Terence T. Evans on the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Ambac Assurance Corp.
- Ant Financial
- The John Gore Organization
- Coty, Inc.
- Toshiba Corp. v. Shenzhen MTC Co., Ltd.: Successfully represented Toshiba in an international arbitration hearing against a Chinese licensee for breach of a patent license agreement; the $80 million award was recently confirmed by the New York State Court.
- BMC Software, Inc. v. International Business Machines Corp.: Currently defending IBM in the Southern District of Texas against a $700 million contract claim brought by software manufacturer BMC.
- Successfully represented the DVD6C Patent Licensing Group in numerous AAA/ICDR arbitrations against DVD hardware and disc manufacturers in North America and Asia for breach of the DVD6C Patent License.
- Successfully defended Alibaba against numerous trademark infringement actions.
- Successfully represented Grupo México in multiple cases in New York state court with respect to claims brought by Credit Agricole relating to financing of an energy project in Mexico.
- Successfully represented the NFL and the Baltimore Ravens at the trial and appellate levels with respect to copyright claims arising from the Baltimore Ravens former logo.
- Columbia Law School
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Wesleyan University
(B.A., English, 2004)
- Barnard College at Columbia University
- The State Bar of New York
- United States District Court:
- Southern District of New York
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Terence T. Evans:
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 2010-2011