Dr. Andreas Hahne is a German qualified attorney (Rechtsanwalt) and Counsel in Quinn Emanuel’s Munich office. He joined the firm in 2016. His practice focuses on national and cross-border patent litigation including SEP/FRAND litigation.
Andreas represents clients before the major German patent infringement courts (Düsseldorf, Mannheim/Karlsruhe and Munich) at trial and appellate level, in nullity proceedings before the German Federal Patent Court and the Federal Supreme Court, and in EPO opposition proceedings before the Opposition Divisions and the Technical Boards of Appeal. His expertise covers all aspects of complex patent litigation over a wide range of technologies such as IT (hardware/software), telecommunications, automotive, biotech and pharmaceuticals.
Andreas graduated from the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg in 2011, and obtained an LL.M. degree at Queen Mary University of London in 2012. Subsequently he worked as research assistant at the Chair of Civil Law and European and International Business Law (Prof. Dr. Thomas Ackermann, LL.M.) at the University of Munich where he also obtained a doctorate degree (2015).
In 2020 and 2021, Managing IP’s IP Stars recognized Andreas as “Rising Star”. In 2021, he was ranked by The Best Lawyers in Germany/Handelsblatt: Ones to Watch (2022 Edition) for Competition / Antitrust Law.
- Munich Court of Appeals (Oberlandesgericht)
(Second State Examination, 2016)
- University of Munich
(Ph.D., Law (Dr. jur.), summa cum laude, 2015)
- Queen Mary University of London
- University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
(First State Examination, 2011)
- The German Bar (Rechtsanwaltskammer München)
- 2020 and 2021: Recognized as “Rising Star” by Managing IP’s IP Stars
- 2021: Ranked by The Best Lawyers in Germany/Handelsblatt: Ones to Watch (2022 Edition) for Competition / Antitrust Law.
- “Das Erfordernis der Marktabgrenzung aus rechtlicher und ökonomischer Sicht”, Nomos, 2016
Member of the German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)