Marie Hayrapetian is an associate in Quinn Emanuel’s Los Angeles office. She joined the firm in 2021.
Her practice focuses on class actions and other complex high-value litigation. She has represented clients in litigation matters across a variety of industries, including higher education, insurance, healthcare, data privacy, and consumer technology.
Ms. Hayrapetian represented a major university in a multitude of lawsuits involving Title IX claims and other regulatory issues. She is experienced in business cases involving large teams of lawyers, that include high-stakes multidistrict litigations, often coupled with internal and government investigations.
Prior to joining the firm, Marie clerked for the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office in its Hardcore Gang Unit. While attending The George Washington University Law School, she was a member of the Domestic Violence Project Clinic and a Certified Law Student by the District of Columbia Court of Appeals for the Family Justice Litigation Clinic, where she represented indigent clients under the general supervision of a family law attorney at separation, divorce, adoption, and restraining order hearings. Marie also served on the District of Columbia Domestic Violence Fatality Review Board and volunteered as a DC Superior Court Mediator.
- The George Washington University Law School
- University Of California, Berkeley
(B.A., Political Science, with honors, 2012)
- The State Bar of California
- Representation of major university recognized by Law 360
- Research recognized by Catherine J. Ross (Author and Professor of Law) for publication titled, “Bitch’, Go Directly To Jail: Student Speech And Entry Into The School-To-Prison Pipeline”