Khaled is a partner in Quinn Emanuel’s London office and Co-Chair of the Middle East and North Africa Practice. He is an experienced solicitor with a background in large complex commercial litigation and arbitration. Khaled has particular experience in managing shareholder disputes, financial disputes and disputes involving serious issues of fraud.
Khaled acts for a range of clients, including high net worth individuals, sovereign wealth funds, financial institutions, private equity firms, bankruptcy office holders and major corporates. Khaled has particular experience of disputes relating to Middle East and UAE territories and also has considerable experience of managing disputes across other jurisdictions.
Khaled was included in the Lawyer Hot 100 2022 and was also recognised as one of the few “top partners” to be listed in the Lawyer’s top 20 cases of 2014-2023. He has also been recognized by Legal 500 UK multiple times. Most recently, he was named as a Next Generation Partner for Civil Fraud. He is praised in the directories as “an excellent tactician who has outstanding judgement” (Chambers and Partners, 2022), his “deft touch with clients, first rate judgment and always thinking a couple of steps ahead” (Chambers and Partners UK 2020), “terrific judgment and strategic understanding” (Legal 500 UK 2020), “a very impressive litigator, who takes a measured and realistic but tough approach to dispute resolution” (Legal 500 UK 2020) and “calm under pressure” (Legal 500 UK 2019)
- Representing a number of Claimants in claims against 14 banks relating to the manipulation of the foreign exchange market, resulting in billions of losses.
- Representing a family group in High Court proceedings against Deutsche Bank regarding the sale of complicated FX derivatives resulting in losses in excess of EUR 500m.
- Representing a private equity firm in a claim against Barclays Bank PLC worth approximately £600m alleging fraudulent misrepresentation in the context of the bank’s emergency £7.3bn fundraising in October 2008.
- Representing senior members of the Saudi royal family in High Court proceedings in a misappropriation claim against a former partner at a leading law firm.
- Representing administrators following a very substantial fraud in the UAE in excess of $4.5 billion.
- Acting in relation to high value claims following the collapse of Abraaj Group in the UAE.
- Representing a Ukrainian owned company in High Court Proceedings worth approximately USD 1bn (involving 10 parties) in a fraud claim relating to one of the Ukraine’s largest steel groups.
- Acting for an entrepreneur in expedited proceedings alleging unfair prejudice and conspiracy in connection with the ownership of the Claridges, Connaught and the Berkeley hotel.
- Acting for the Liquidators of a fund in LCIA proceedings (totalling approximately USD 500m) against an Investment Manager and Valuation Agent in claims arising out of the fraudulent overvaluations of certain instruments in the fund’s portfolio.
- BPP Law School
(Legal Practice Course, Distinction, 2007)
(Graduate Diploma in Law, Commendation, 2006)
- Edinburgh University
(M.A., Honours, First Class, Philosophy and Politics, 2005)
- Skirving Prize for special excellence
- Solicitor, The Supreme Court of England and Wales
- Listed in Legal 500 UK for Civil Fraud, 2023
- Listed in Legal 500 UK as a “Next Generation Partner” for Civil Fraud, 2023
- Named as a Next Generation Partner by Legal 500 UK 2022 for Civil Fraud.
- Recognized in the 2021 Lawdragon 500 Global Litigation Lawyers Guide for International Disputes.
- Named as a Recommended Individual by Legal 500 UK 2019 and 2020 for Civil Fraud, Banking Litigation: Investment and Retail, and Commercial Litigation