Khaled is a partner in Quinn Emanuel’s London office. He is an experienced solicitor with a background in large complex commercial litigation and arbitration. Khaled has particular experience in managing shareholder disputes, financial disputes and disputes involving serious issues of fraud.
Khaled acts for a range of clients, including high net worth individuals, sovereign wealth funds, financial institutions, private equity firms, bankruptcy office holders and major corporates. Khaled has particular experience of disputes relating to Middle East and UAE territories and also has considerable experience of managing disputes across other jurisdictions.
Legal 500 UK 2020 says Khaled is "praised for his terrific judgement and strategic understanding" and also adds that he is a "very impressive litigator, who takes a measured and realistic but tough approach to dispute resolution".
Legal 500 UK 2019 describe Khaled as “calm under pressure”. Khaled is also listed as a Recommended Individual by Legal 500 UK 2019 for Civil Fraud, Banking Litigation: Investment and Retail, and Commercial Litigation.
- Currently representing PCP Capital Partners LLP in a claim against Barclays Bank PLC worth approximately £1.5 bn which relates to the bank’s emergency £7.3bn fundraising in October 2008, involving Middle East investors.
- Currently representing a Ukrainian owned company in High Court Proceedings worth approximately USD 1bn (involving 10 parties) relating to one of the Ukraine’s largest steel groups.
- Acting in High Court Proceedings regarding the transfer of a loan worth approximately USD 835m.
- Acting in High Court proceedings against a financial institution worth approximately EUR 360m arising out of the tax treatment of various structured finance transactions.
- Acting for Irish financier Derek Quinlan in expedited proceedings alleging unfair prejudice and conspiracy in connection with the ownership of the Claridges, Connaught and the Berkeley hotel. After a 30 day trial, all claims against Mr Quinlan were dismissed in a judgment that was upheld by the Court of Appeal.
- Acting for the Liquidators of a fund in LCIA proceedings against an Investment Manager and Valuation Agent in claims arising out of the fraudulent overvaluations of certain instruments in the fund’s portfolio. The claims had a total dispute value of over USD 500m.
- Acting for a fund in successful High Court proceedings relating to the enforcement of various guarantees.
- Acting for the administrators of the UK branch of an Icelandic bank in proceedings against a European investment bank arising from a mistaken settlement of a substantial trade.
- Acting against financial institutions on numerous swap related disputes, including allegations of mis-selling and LIBOR manipulation.
- Acting for various classes of creditors in relation to numerous high profile restructurings and disputes under inter-creditor deeds.
- Acting for a high net worth CEO of a listed company in resisting a worldwide Freezing Order against him personally.
- BPP Law School
(Legal Practice Course, Distinction, 2007)
(Graduate Diploma in Law, Commendation, 2006)
- Edinburgh University
(M.A., Honours, First Class, Philosophy and Politics, 2005)
- Skirving Prize for special excellence
- Solicitor, The Supreme Court of England and Wales
- Named as a Recommended Individual by Legal 500 UK 2019 for Civil Fraud, Banking Litigation: Investment and Retail, and Commercial Litigation.