Akshay Shreedhar is an associate in Quinn Emanuel’s Paris office. His practice focuses on international arbitration. His work involves advising and representing companies, states and state-owned entities in disputes touching upon multiple sectors, particularly the energy sector.
Akshay has experience in arbitrations conducted under key institutional rules such as the ICSID, ICC, LCIA, ICDR and DIS. Prior to joining the firm, he trained at two boutique international arbitration law firms in Brussels and Geneva, where he assisted some of the world’s most renowned arbitrators in major commercial and investor-state disputes.
Akshay also has litigation/arbitration experience in India, having worked as an associate in the chambers of a Senior Counsel, where he represented clients in construction disputes before domestic courts and tribunals. Akshay holds an LL.B (hons.) from National Law University, Delhi, and an LL.M from the MIDS programme in Geneva.
- The Graduate Institute, Geneva (IHEID) and the University of Geneva
- (LL.M. in International Dispute Settlement, 2017)
- National Law University, Delhi
- (B.A., LL.B., hons., 2015)
- Feasibility of covering values in transnational commercial law: Art. 79 of the CISG and the ‘Impediment’, Global Journal of Comparative Law, Vol. 5, Issue 2, 183-207, August 2016 [ISSN: 2211-906X]
- Software Transactions in Transnational Commercial Law, Journal of International Commercial Law, Vol. 7, Issue 3, 184-201, June 2016 [ISSN: 2164-0203]
- The Hypermetropia of Indian Arbitration, Indian Council of Arbitration, Quarterly Journal, Vol. 186, Article 2, July-September, 2015 (co-author)