Akshay Shreedhar is an associate in Quinn Emanuel’s Paris office. His practice focuses on international arbitration. His work involves advising and representing companies, states and state-owned entities in cross-border disputes touching upon multiple sectors.
Akshay has experience in arbitrations conducted under key institutional rules such as the ICSID, ICC, LCIA, ICDR and DIS. Prior to joining the firm, he trained at two boutique international arbitration law firms in Brussels and Geneva, where he assisted some of the world’s most renowned arbitrators in major commercial and investor-state disputes.
Akshay also has litigation/arbitration experience in India, having worked as an associate in the chambers of a Senior Counsel, where he represented clients in construction disputes before domestic courts and tribunals. Akshay holds an LL.B (hons.) from National Law University, Delhi, and an LL.M from the MIDS programme in Geneva.
- The Graduate Institute, Geneva (IHEID) and the University of Geneva
- (LL.M. in International Dispute Settlement, 2017)
- National Law University, Delhi
- (B.A., LL.B., hons., 2015)
Admitted in India only (Practicing under the direct supervision of a member of the Paris Bar)
- The European Commission: Ami Fidèle or Faux Ami? Exploring the Commission’s Role as Amicus Curiae in ICSID Proceedings, European Investment Law and Arbitration Review, Volume 5, Issue 1 [E-ISSN: 2468-9017]
- Speaker, Hardship and Force Majeure in the context of the CISG, at CISG@40: Role of UNCITRAL Instruments in Progressive Development of Cross-Border Legal Regime and Trade” organized by National Law University, Delhi (in collaboration with the UNCITRAL RCAP), 6 January 2021.
- Faculty Member, Young ICCA Skills Training Workshop on Cross-examination in International Arbitration, ICCA, 29 June 2018, Athens, Greece.
- Feasibility of covering values in transnational commercial law: Art. 79 of the CISG and the ‘Impediment’, Global Journal of Comparative Law, Vol. 5, Issue 2, 183-207, August 2016 [ISSN: 2211-906X]
- Software Transactions in Transnational Commercial Law, Journal of International Commercial Law, Vol. 7, Issue 3, 184-201, June 2016 [ISSN: 2164-0203]
- The Hypermetropia of Indian Arbitration, Indian Council of Arbitration, Quarterly Journal, Vol. 186, Article 2, July-September, 2015 (co-author)