Tara Srinivasan is an associate in Quinn Emanuel’s San Francisco office. She joined the firm in late 2022 and her practice focuses on intellectual property litigation. Tara leverages her Ph.D. in biomedical engineering and extensive patent prosecution and research experience to inform her IP litigation strategies. She represents clients in life sciences, high tech, and consumer products industries. Tara is licensed to practice in California.
Tara received her J.D. from the University of California, Berkeley with academic distinction. While in law school, Tara served as an editor for the Berkeley Technology Law Journal and Berkeley Journal of Employment and Labor Law. She also worked in the Berkeley Anti-Trafficking Clinic, where she contributed to the protection of and restitution for human trafficking victims. Prior to law school, Tara worked as a patent agent where she prepared and prosecuted patent applications for a variety of clients specializing in life science technologies. She is registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Tara also brings over nine years of biomedical research experience. She received her Ph.D. from Cornell University in biomedical engineering where her doctoral research focused on modulating cancer stem cells in colorectal cancer. She obtained her B.S. in bioengineering and her B.A. in molecular and cell biology: immunology, graduating with highest honors from the University of California, Berkeley. Tara was a National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellow and an American Society of Microbiology Undergraduate Research Fellow.
- University of California, Berkeley
- Cornell University
(Ph.D. Biomedical Engineering, 2016)
(M.S. Biomedical Engineering, 2015)
- University of California, Berkeley
(B.S. Bioengineering, 2011)
(B.A. Molecular & Cell Biology: Immunology, 2011)
The State Bar of California
- Morrison and Foerster LLP:
- Patent Litigation Associate, 2021-2022
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship
- American Society of Microbiology Undergraduate Research Fellowship
- Everlight v. Amazon Co., Markman Hearing, June 10, 2022, W.D. Tex., Case No. 6:21-cv-00906-ADA-DTG.
Conference Posters and Presentations:
- Tara Srinivasan, et al. American Association for Cancer Research, New Orleans, Louisiana, April 17, 2016.
- Tara Srinivasan, et al. Gordon Research Conference, Ventura, California, Feburary 18, 2015.
- Tara Srinivasan, et al. Biomedical Engineering Society, San Antonio, Texas, October 23, 2014.
- Tara Srinivasan, et al. Biomedical Engineering Society, Seattle, Washington, September 26, 2013.
- Tara Srinivasan; et al. American Society of Mass Spectrometry (ASMS), Vancouver, Canada, May 23, 2012.
- Tara Srinivasan, et al. American Society of Microbiology, New Orleans, Lousiana, May 22, 2011.
- Tara Srinivasan, et al. Chlamydia Basic Research Society. Redondo Beach, California, March 20, 2011.
- Chen, KY*; Srinivasan, T*; et al. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2018 Jul.; 2018: 2378–2381. *first co-author
- Murthy, P*; Srinivasan, T*; Bu, P; et al. eLife, 2018 7: e35710. *first co-author
- Crespo, M; Villar, E; Srinivasan, T; et al. Nature Medicine, 2017 Jul; 23(7):878-884.
- Chen, KY*; Srinivasan, T*; et al. Molecular Systems Biology, 2017 Apr 28;13(4):927. *first co-author
- Srinivasan, T; et al. Cancer Research. 2016 Jun 1;76(11):3411-21.
- Srinivasan, T; et al. Scientific Reports. 2016 May 16;6:26069.
- Bu, P; Wang, L; Chen, KY; Srinivasan, T; et al. Cell Stem Cell, 2016 Feb; 18(2): 189-202.
- Wang, Lihua; Bu, Pengcheng; Ai, Yiwei; Srinivasan, T, et al. eLife, 2016;5: e14620.
- Rothschild, D; Srinivasan, T; et al. Journal of Visual Experimentation. 2016 May 18;(111).
- Held, J; Schilling, B; Srinivasan, T; et al. International Journal of Proteomics, 2013 Feb; Vol. 2013: 791985.
- Srinivasan, T; et al. Journal of Bacteriology, 2012 Feb; 194(3): 617-26.