Dr. Tina Steinke is a German qualified attorney (Rechtsanwältin), specializing in IP litigation. She graduated from the University of Kiel and subsequently worked as a research assistant for Professor Dr. Haimo Schack at the Institute for European and International Private and Procedural Law/Copyright Law Chair. Tina then obtained her doctorate from the University of Kiel, before starting her legal clerkship at the Oberlandesgericht Schleswig/Schleswig Holstein (Schleswig-Holstein Appellate Court).
Tina specializes in IP litigation, in particular in the areas of unfair competition law, trade secrets, trademarks, copy right and design rights. She has extensive experience in the pharmaceutical sector and consumer goods industry. She advises leading companies on German and European legal requirements applicable to marketing campaigns, labelling of products and advertising. Tina has represented copyright and design rights owners in infringement and related proceedings and advised them on contractual issues related to their work. Tina’s experience also covers the coordination of complex cross-border litigation in the IP area. She represents her clients at trial and appellate level in Germany as well as in proceedings before the German Patent and Trademark Office and the European Union Intellectual Property Office.
Prior to joining the firm, Tina worked at an international law firm in Hamburg, Germany, where she focused on contentious intellectual property matters.
- Accounting & Financial Reporting Litigation
- Art Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Copyright Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Trade Secret Litigation
- Trademark, Trade Dress, Unfair Competition/False Advertising, and Publicity Rights Litigation
- State of Schleswig-Holstein, Schleswig-Holstein Court of Appeals
(Second State Examination, 2007)
- University of Kiel
(Ph.D. (Dr. iur.), summa cum laude, 2006)
(First State Examination, 2004)
- The German bar (Hanseatische Rechtsanwaltskammer Hamburg)
- Allen & Overy LLP:
- Associate, 2007-2012
- Die Verwirkung im Immaterialgüterrecht – eine rechtsvergleichende Betrachtung zum deutschen, österreichischen und schweizer Recht mit europarechtlichen Bezügen, (Ph.D. thesis, University of Kiel, 2006)
- Member, GRUR
- Member, German Bar Association (Deutscher Anwaltsverein)