Complex business litigation calls for a lawyer with problem solving experience. In his practice litigating high-stakes business disputes, Jason Sternberg focuses first and foremost on creative solutions to difficult problems.
Jason helps clients resolve complex domestic and international business disputes through litigation and arbitration. He represents a broad sector of litigation clients in the construction, real estate, technology, and banking industries. Jason’s clients turn to him for complex cases with high stakes that are not easily resolvable. Given the nature of his practice, Jason is frequently in court and has gone to trial several times in recent years.
Jason also has significant experience with appellate work. Jason has authored several successful appellate briefs to various state and federal courts, including the Florida Third and Fourth District Courts of Appeal, the Federal Circuit, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
Jason maintains an active pro bono practice, handling environmental, immigration, and litigation matters for underserved populations. He has won awards and recognition for his service on behalf of pro bono clients. Jason served as a Fellow of The Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) in 2020 and currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Overtown Youth Center.
Jason previously served as a law clerk to the Honorable Daniel T.K. Hurley, U.S. District Judge for the Southern District of Florida.
- Fisher Island Holdings
- It’s a Ten
- SRC Medical Partners
- Represented a minority shareholder with an interest in the subsidiary of a publicly-traded, international cannabis company valued at $4b in a suit seeking dissolution of the entity for shareholder oppression. Prevailed after an 8-day trial proceeding in New York, resulting in a buy-out of the client’s interest at a materially higher valuation than previously offered.
- Obtained preliminary injunction on behalf of multinational biopharmaceutical company in a patent infringement suit against a competitor over the company's blockbuster cancer drugs.
- Prevailed at trial for consumer products company in dispute over ownership of formulas for client's best-selling products.
- Obtained dismissal of patent infringement lawsuit against international footwear wholesaler and U.S. retailers in litigation fought out in various forums for over a decade.
- Obtained preliminary injunction for life sciences client preserving more than US$1bn in sales.
- Represented a nationwide loan servicer in a putative class action brought by thousands of borrowers challenging certain estimated fees.
- Prevailed in multi-jurisdiction litigation over ownership of real estate financial assets valued at nearly US$1bn.
- Georgetown University Law Center
(J.D., cum laude, 2009)
- Florida Atlantic University
(B.S., Economics, magna cum laude, 2005)
- The State Bar of Florida
- United States District Court:
- Middle District of Florida
- Northern District of Florida
- Southern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals:
- Federal Circuit
- Eleventh Circuit
- Hogan Lovells:
- Counsel, 2018-2021
- Associate, 2013-2017
- Greenberg Traurig:
- Associate, 2011-2013
- Associate, 2011-2013
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Daniel T.K. Hurley:
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2009-2011
- On the Rise, Florida Legal Awards
- Daily Business Review
- Rising Stars, Business Litigation
- Florida Super Lawyers
- Top Up and Comers, Business Litigation; Alternative Dispute Resolution
- South Florida Legal Guide
- Commercial Litigation
- Florida Trend's Legal Elite
- Guest Lecturer, University of Miami, Environmental Justice Clinic
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, Miami-Dade County Bar Association
- Fellow, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity