Muzhgan Wahaj is an associate in Quinn Emanuel’s London office. She joined the firm in 2023. Her practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, with an emphasis on collective actions, financial regulation, and contractual disputes. Her experience spans commercial issues across various industries, including finance, audit and corporate governance, and insurance, and she regularly advises international organizations and civil society actors on matters relating to international criminal law and international human rights law.
Prior to joining the firm, Muzhgan was a barrister and solicitor at a leading full-service business law firm in Canada. While there, she acted on significant commercial matters, including complex shareholder disputes, product liability class actions, and pandemic-related insurance litigation. She has appeared before various trial and appellate courts in Ontario and British Columbia.
Prior to her legal career, Muzhgan led a regulatory team at a leading Canadian investment bank.
- University of London SOAS, School of Law
(LL.B., honors, 2018)
- SOAS Law Journal:
- The IBA-VIAC Consensual Dispute Resolution Competition (CDRC Vienna):
- International Bar Association/Freshfields Award for Best Advocacy, 2016
- Prize for Best Performance in the Law of Commercial Arbitration
- Prize for Best Performance in Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
- SOAS Law Journal:
- University of Trinity College at the University of Toronto
(B.A., Criminology and History, 2013)
- Barrister and Solicitor, Ontario, Canada
- *Practicing under the direct supervision of a member of The Bar of England and Wales
- Doucet v. The Royal Winnipeg Ballet: The Return of Exceptionalism in Honourarium Awards. 17(4) Class Action Defence Quarterly, Lexis Nexis (2023).
- There and Back Again: The Collapse of the Rule of Law in Afghanistan, International Bar Association, (2023)
- A Chance to Interrupt Afghanistan's Cycle of Violence. The Globe and Mail (2017).