John Yang is an associate in Quinn Emanuel’s Dallas office. He focuses on patent litigation and appeals, with an emphasis on cases involving pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, and medical devices. Prior to joining the firm, John served as a law clerk to the Honorable Kara F. Stoll on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, and also worked as an associate at a national trial firm.
John was involved in life sciences research before attending law school and has experience in analytical chemistry, molecular biology, and pharmacokinetics.
- The University of Chicago Law School
- The University of Texas at Austin
(Ph.D., Pharmacy, 2012)
(B.S., Biochemistry, 2007)
- The State Bar of Texas
- The State Bar of New York
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Kara F. Stoll:
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 2018-2019
- Yang, J., et al., Development and validation of an LCMS method to determine the PK profiles of CAPA and CAPE in male Sprague-Dawley rats, 28 Biomedical Chromatography 241, 241–46 (2014).
- Yang, J., et al., Stability of CAPA in rat plasma, 26 Biomedical Chromatography 594, 594–98 (2012).
- Yang, J., et al., Synthesis of a series of CAPA fluorinated derivatives: comparison of cytoprotective effects to CAPE, 18 Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry 5032, 5032–38 (2010).