Philippe Pinsolle, Managing Partner of Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan’s Paris office, will be a featured speaker at the 2nd Annual ITA-IEL Joint Conference on International Energy Arbitration on January 15-16, 2015 at the Omni Houston Hotel in Houston, Texas. The conference is presented by The Institute for Transnational Arbitration and The Institute for Energy Law of The Center for American and International Law. The event is Co-Sponsored by the Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy at the University of Dundee, Houston International Arbitration Club, ICC International Court of Arbitration, and The Kay Bailey Hutchison Center for Energy, Law, and Business at The University of Texas at Austin.
Mr. Pinsolle will present on "The Scope and Effect of Arbitral Awards on Long-Term Energy Contract Relationships Beyond the Resolution of the Precise Dispute Adjudicated."
The conference is co-chaired by Tomasz J. Sikora, Counsel, International Disputes, Exxon Mobil Corporation (Houston, Texas) and Jennifer M. Smith, Baker Botts L.L.P. (Houston, Texas).
Program highlights include:
• 2014 Energy Arbitration Year in Review
• Arbitral Award Effects on Long-Term Energy Contract Relationships
• The Future of Investment Arbitration in the Energy Sector
• In-House Perspectives: Managing Front-Page Events
• Luncheon Interview honoring J. Martin Hunter
• New IBA Guidelines on Conflicts of Interest
• Restoring the Promise of Energy Arbitration
• Behind the Numbers in Investment Treaty Cases
• ITA-IEL Discussion Forum
• ITA & IEL Young Lawyers Roundtable
MCLE credit will be available. Please click here full details and to register.