Philippe Pinsolle of Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan LLP will be a featured speaker at the Institute for Transnational Arbitration (ITA) Annual Workshop-Expect the Unexpected: Adjudicating Changed Circumstances in Commercial and Treaty Arbitration. The conference will be held on June 19-20, 2019 in Dallas. Texas.
Mr. Philippe Pinsolle will address Changed Circumstances: Practical Insights from Seasoned Arbitration Counsel and Arbitrators .
“This is a not-to-be-missed workshop for anyone with an interest in international arbitration,” said David Winn (Director, The Institute for Transnational Arbitration of the Center for American and International Law), “It is considered the best U.S. conference to interact directly with leading arbitrators, practitioners, and academics from around the world“.
In this year’s program, the ITA will explore the challenge of changed circumstances and associated legal doctrines and how they are addressed in contract and investment treaty arbitration. Leading international experts will provide an overview of the applicable legal doctrines, contractual mechanisms and relevant investment treaty protections.
This educational conference will draw 250-300 participants from more than 30 countries and attendees can obtain 8 hours of continuing legal education (CLE) credits.
Attendees can expect:
- Keynote addresses by leading figures in international arbitration
- Substantive panels on a variety of international arbitration challenges with exceptional international faculty
- A Young Lawyers Roundtable with a group of young experienced arbitration practitioners from across the globe.
- Multiple networking and social events, including a Welcome Reception, an Oral History Luncheon, as well as a ticketed Workshop Dinner.
- ITA members also can participate in ITA Annual Meeting activities including the Advisory Board Dinner Meeting (ticketed), committee meetings and the ITA Forum (an informal, off-the-record discussion of current developments and concerns in international arbitration among ITA members, Workshop Faculty, and special guests).
The conference will be held at the Renaissance Dallas at Plano Legacy West Hotel. For more information and to register, see the conference program.
About the Institute for Transnational Arbitration (ITA)
A division of The Center for American and International Law, ITA provides advanced, continuing education for lawyers, judges and other professionals concerned with transnational arbitration of commercial and investment disputes. Through its programs, scholarly publications and membership activities, ITA has become an important global forum on contemporary issues in the field of transnational arbitration.
For more information, visit www.cailaw.org/ita.