Mike Bonanno is a partner in Quinn Emanuel’s Washington, D.C. office. He is a trial lawyer who represents both plaintiffs and defendants in antitrust cases. He has tried and won high-stakes antitrust cases in federal district courts, and he has extensive experience in antitrust litigation involving two-sided platforms, software, pharmaceuticals, and payment networks. In addition to antitrust matters, Mike has represented clients in a wide array of complex commercial disputes, including class actions, defamation claims, and contract disputes.
Before joining the firm, Mike was a trial attorney in the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice. During his time at the Antitrust Division, Mike served as trial counsel in significant civil enforcement actions, including United States v. Bazaarvoice, Inc., and he held important roles in investigations and civil litigation relating to conduct in the software, telecommunications, and financial services industries.
- Representing a company that specializes in rare disease treatments in an antitrust case relating to the distribution of a specialty drug.
- Representing a large pharmacy benefit manager in a series of class actions where the plaintiffs have asserted antitrust and tort claims relating to the distribution and pricing of a specialty drug.
- Representing a large automobile manufacturer in an antitrust case relating to an international cartel formed by providers of ocean shipping services.
- Representing a large commodities trading and logistics company in a RICO class action lawsuit.
- Representing a large manufacturer of lithium-ion batteries in a commercial dispute with a manufacturer of electric vehicles.
- Obtained complete dismissal of antitrust claims brought by a group of compounding pharmacies against a large pharmacy benefit manager.
- Obtained summary judgment on unfair competition and defamation claims asserted by a large technology company against a leading technology research firm.
- Obtained complete dismissal of unfair competition and defamation claims brought against a luxury hotel company relating to the operation of a luxury hotel in Dubai.
- Georgetown University Law Center
(J.D., magna cum laude, 2010)
- Order of the Coif
- Order of the Coif
- Virginia Tech
(B.S., cum laude, Civil Engineering, 2007)
- United States Department of Justice:
- Trial Attorney, Antitrust Division, 2010-2015
- Member, American Bar Association, Antitrust Law Section