Andreas Duensing is a German qualified attorney (Rechtsanwalt) and Counsel in Quinn Emanuel’s Stuttgart office. He specializes in commercial and IP litigation with a particular focus on patent litigation. Andreas has advised clients in litigation involving a broad range of technologies, including telecommunications, automotive, biotech, chemistry and medical devices.
Andreas has represented clients before the German courts at trial and appellate level, in opposition proceedings at the EPO and in nullity actions before the German Patent Court.
Andreas graduated from the University of Mannheim and completed his legal clerkship at the District Court of Mannheim. After the second state examination, he obtained a Master of Laws (LL.M.) degree from University of San Diego.
Prior to joining the firm, Andreas worked as an associate at another international law firm focusing on M&A and real estate.
Andreas is a member of the German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR) and the German Bar Association (Deutscher Anwaltsverein).
- Advised client Netflix regarding a series of patent infringement complaints filed by Broadcom/Avago.
- Advised client BlackBerry regarding a series of patent infringement actions filed against Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram.
- Advised a major chemical company in its successful German patent litigation campaign.
- Advised an international artist in a contractual damages matter against a German supplier.
- Advised a major manufacturer of medical devices in its successful German patent litigation campaign.
- Advised a leading biotech company in its German patent litigation campaign.
- University of San Diego
- District Court of Mannheim
(Second State Examination, with distinction, 2015)
- University of Mannheim
(First State Examination, with distinction, 2013)
- The German Bar (Rechtsanwaltskammer Stuttgart)
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP:
- Associate, 2016-2018
2023: Legal 500 Deutschland - Recommended Lawyer for Intellectual Property: Patent Litigation
- 2022: Recognized as “Rising Star” by Managing IP’s IP Stars
- Member, GRUR (German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)
- Member, German Bar Association (Deutscher Anwaltsverein)