Lucas is an associate in Quinn Emanuel’s Washington D.C. office with over a decade of experience successfully representing clients in investment and commercial arbitration and complex litigation. Lucas represents clients in high stake disputes and arbitrations administered under major rules and institutions such as the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA), the International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) and UNCITRAL.
Prior to joining the firm, Lucas worked as a senior counsel in one of the leading law firms in Argentina where he represented multinational companies and financial entities in corporate matters and in local and international litigation before key international forums.
His experience spans to pre-dispute negotiation, conduction of proceedings, discovery proceedings and recognition and enforcement of judicial decisions and awards.
Lucas has represented clients in a variety of sectors including oil and gas, mining, energy, maritime commerce, infrastructure, automobile, financial services, security and telecommunications.
- Georgetown University Law Center
(LL.M., International Business & Economic Law, 2015)
- Dean’s Distinction
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- The District of Columbia Bar
- The State Bar of New York
- The Buenos Aires Bar
- Lucas Loviscek, “Guide to the Arbitral Secretary – War Stories and Lessons About Arbitrating Disputes” (published in August 2020), Surviving in the Field of International Arbitration –War Stories and Lessons Learned (English & Spanish-Bilingual Book), Wolters Kluwer.
- Co-author, “Allegations of Corruption in Investment Treaty Arbitration: The Need for Reform” (published in September 2019), Expert Guides – Commercial Arbitration.
- Co-author, “The Arbitration Review of the Americas 2017: Investment Treaty Arbitration in the Americas.” (published in August 2016), Global Arbitration Review.
- Co-author, “La Revisión Judicial en Argentina de decisiones de trámite dictadas en el procedimiento arbitral. Comentario al Fallo EN-Procuración del Tesoro de la Nación- c. Tribunal Arbitral, Cámara Nacional de Apelaciones en lo Contencioso Administrativo Federal,” Revista de Derecho y Tribunales, Amalfio M. Fernandez Editors, Uruguay (20th ed. 2012).
- Co-Chair, I Georgetown Latin American Conference, “Latin America at Crossroads 2015,” Washington, D.C., Nov. 2015.
- Speaker, ICC Ecuador ADR Week, “Due Process Paranoia,” Quito, Ecuador, Sept. 2017.
- Moderator, ICDR Event, “El Futuro del Arbitraje de Inversión,” July 2020.
- Moderator, Georgetown International Arbitration Society - Arbitration Month 2018, “Current Issues in Energy Disputes,” Washington, D.C., Feb. 2018.
- Speaker, ICC YAF Conference, “Problemas prácticos resueltos desde la perspectiva del Reglamento de la ICC,” held in Santa Cruz, Bolivia, June 2018.
- Moderator, 8vas Jornadas Internacionales de Arbitraje, Santa Cruz, Bolivia, June 2018.
- Arbitration panel, V International Commercial Arbitration Moot Competition, Washington, D.C., Apr. 2016.
- Arbitration panel, X International Arbitration Moot Competition, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Sept. 2017.