Dr. Jesko Preuß is a partner managing Quinn Emanuel’s Stuttgart office. He focuses on national and cross-border commercial and IP litigation, with a particular emphasis on tech and patent litigation. He has served as trial counsel for national and international clients in litigation involving a wide range of technologies, including automotive, IT, mechanical engineering, biotech and life science products.
Jesko has represented clients before the German courts at trial and appellate level, in opposition proceedings at the EPO and in nullity actions before the German Patent Court and the Federal Supreme Court. Jesko was named a “Rising Star” by Managing IP’s IP Stars in 2018 and 2019.
He obtained a doctorate degree (Ph.D.) in law from Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg (Chair for Business Law / Intellectual Property Law) and an LL.M. in European Law from Paris II (Université Panthéon-Assas).
Jesko is a member of the German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR), the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI) and the German Bar Association (Deutscher Anwaltsverein).
- Litigation lead counsel for a major chemical company in their patent litigation campaign.
- Advice of an automotive OEM on the ex-parte assertion of contractual claims against a supplier and affiliated entities in relation to the supplier’s sudden termination of supply agreements.
- Representation of BlackBerry against Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram in their German patent litigation campaign.
- German lead counsel for an international artist in a contractual damages matter against a German supplier.
- Representation of Qualcomm against Apple in patent litigation.
- Representation of a major household appliances manufacturer in multi-million US dollar settlement negotiations with a competitor on the use of washing machine technologies.
- Representation of an automotive OEM in patent litigation.
- Advice of a major ISP as key counsel for their German matters on service provider liability and trademark issues.
- Representation of a client in a German mass litigation case.
- Representation of a leading pharmaceutical company in a co-entitlement action regarding a competitor’s patent application on cancer therapies.
- Representation of a light module manufacturer as key counsel against Philips.
- Advice of a client in a multimillion dollar liability litigation case against a public sector company involving accusations of fraud and embezzlement.
- Université de Paris II Panthéon-Assas
- Higher Regional Court of Hamburg
(Second State Examination, 2011)
- Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg
(Ph.D., 2009; First State Examination, 2006)
- Named a “Rising Star” by Managing IP’s IP Stars in 2018 and 2019
- Member, GRUR
- Member, AIPPI
- Member, German Bar Association (Deutscher Anwaltsverein)