Elan Sasson is a Partner in Quinn Emanuel’s Sydney office. His practice has a dual-focus in representing funds and financial services clients in legal disputes and in driving or advising on strategic workouts and corporate insolvencies (with a focus on back-end disputes, investigations and recoveries). Elan has experience across a range of industries, and, harnessing his background in commerce, brings unique and business-oriented commercial acumen to engagements.
Prior to joining Quinn Emanuel, Elan worked as a litigator at an international law firm, and, earlier, was appointed and worked as Associate to the Hon. Justice M J Beazley AO on the New South Wales Court of Appeal (the now Governor of New South Wales).
Elan was a founding Committee Member of the Turnaround Management Association’s NextGen Committee in Australia.
- Aurizon Holdings Limited
- ICICI Bank Limited
- Macquarie Capital (Australia) Limited
- Ellerston Capital Limited
- KordaMentha Restructuring
- Yancoal Australia Limited
- Bankruptcy & Restructuring
- Cannabis Litigation
- Crisis Law & Strategy Group
- Energy Sector Disputes
- Investment Fund Litigation
- Distressed Investment Litigation
- Hedge Fund Litigation
- Investment Advisor & Asset Manager Litigation
- Private Equity Fund Litigation
- Litigation Representing Plaintiffs
- Mergers & Acquisitions Litigation
- Securities Litigation
- Structured Finance & Derivatives Litigation
- Transnational Litigation
- University of Technology Sydney
- HWL Ebsworth Prize
- Mallesons Stephen Jaques Senior Mooting: First Place
- University of New South Wales
(B.Comm, Accounting & Business Law, 2005)
- Dean Merit Listing, UWS
- Supreme Court of New South Wales
- The High Court of Australia
- Co-presenter, Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association, presentation on the future of the Australian resources sector, 31 May 2017 (jointly presented with Fort Street Advisors).
- Kaye (SC) R and Sasson E, Voluntary Administration: No Escape from Judgment in the District Court, Law Society of NSW Journal, May 2015.
- O’Brien M, Walter D and Sasson E, Solicitation payments for bondholders permissible, Lexology, 2013.
- Walter D and Busa S, A get out of gaol free card for landlords? Reviewing the High Court decision in Willmott Growers Inc v Willmott Forests Ltd  HCA 15., Lexology, 2013 (contributing).
- The Hon. Justice M J Beazley AO, Natural Justice: New South Wales cases in a Commonwealth context, AGS Administrative Law Symposium, 2010 (contributing).
- Fmr Committee Member, NextGen Turnaround Management Association (Australian chapter)
- Member, Turnaround Management Association
- Member, Law Society of New South Wales
- Associate Member, Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association