Olga Vieira is a partner in the Litigation practice group at Quinn Emanuel. Ms. Vieira has extensive experience in extended trials, including serving as first chair and working with other trial counsel on legal issues to avoid errors or preserve the record for appeal. Ms. Vieira’s practice focuses on commercial litigation, catastrophic injury and product liability. Ms. Vieira strives to resolve disputes in efficient, common-sense ways that achieve her clients’ legal and business goals. Her deep Miami roots and community leadership roles benefit her clients as they navigate the litigation process or local business environment.
In addition to her trial experience, Ms. Vieira has assisted clients through all phases of litigation including discovery, motions practice, settlement negotiations, and mediation. She has had extensive involvement in smoking and health litigation in Florida, including taking a lead role in coordinating the defense of over 1,000 individual claims pending in Miami-Dade County.
- One of the lead trial attorneys defending a tobacco manufacturer in a wrongful death claim where plaintiff sought $50 million. Defendants obtained a complete defense verdict after a three-week trial.
- One of the lead trial attorneys for an engineering firm in a two-week personal injury trial where plaintiff alleged catastrophic injuries and sought over $10 million in damages. The case resolved after the trial, while the jury deliberated. Kevin Charles Simpson v. FLSmidth, Inc.
- One of the lead trial attorneys for the defendant in a federal court labor dispute alleging unfair wage practices under the Fair Labor Standards Act. The case resulted in a complete defense verdict.
- Provided legal issues and trial support during a three-week trial over the death of a 54-year-old smoker claiming compensatory and punitive damages for lung cancer and addiction arising from the use of cigarettes containing nicotine.
- Provided legal issues and trial support in a two-week trial where a former smoker sought compensatory damages for bladder cancer caused by his alleged addiction to cigarettes containing nicotine.
- Provided legal issues and trial support in an eight-week trial where a smoker sought compensatory and punitive damages for cancer and addiction arising from the use of cigarettes containing nicotine.
- Georgetown University Law Center
- University of Florida
(B.S., cum laude, 2001)
- The State Bar of Florida
- United States District Court:
- Southern District of Florida
- Middle District of Florida
- Greenspoon Marder LLP:
- Partner, 2018-2021
- Partner, 2018-2021
- Carlton Fields
- Shareholder, 2013-2018
- Associate, 2006-2013
- Martindale-Hubbell, Rated AV® Preeminent ™
- South Florida Legal Guide, “Top Lawyers,” 2020-2021
- Benchmark Litigation, “Under 40 Hot List,” 2019
- Daily Business Review, “Young Lawyers on the Rise,” 2017
- Super Lawyers magazine, “Florida Rising Star,” 2013-2019
- Florida Trend magazine, Legal Elite, “Up and Comer,” 2015
- Lawyers for Children America, John Edward Smith Child Advocacy Award, 2012
- In recognition of outstanding legal advocacy and exceptional service as a pro bono attorney for abused and neglected children
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, 40 Under 40 Outstanding Lawyers of Miami-Dade County, 2012
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers’ Award, 2006
- Participation in the D.C. Law Students in Court Program
- Food for Thought: Liability-Only Class Certification Denied for Claims That “No Sugar Added” Juice Labels Misled Consumers Into Thinking the Juice Had Fewer Calories,” Carlton Fields Web Article, October 16, 2017
- Co-Author, “Your Apps May Be Selling You Out,” Law360, July 12, 2017
- Co-Author, “Amazon Echo – Did Alexa Record a Murder?” Daily Business Review, April 17, 2017
- “CAUTION: Are Production Warnings Required in Languages Other than English?,” Sports & Business Industry Association, January 17, 2012
- “Client Alert: New Decision on Personal Jurisdiction Over Corporate Defendants,” Carlton Fields Web Article, 2011
- “Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act Includes Two Small Business Loan Programs: Which to Choose?” Mar 30, 2020
- Speaker, “Top Legal Tips for Small Businesses” Webinar, April 4, 2021
- Moderator, “Tech Trends in Commercial Real Estate,” CREW Miami Lunch Program, October 29, 2019
- Speaker, “The Role of In-House Counsel in Alternative Dispute Resolution And Settlement Offers: When, How, and How Much,” FDCC 2018 Winter Meeting, Amelia Island, FL (February 26, 2018).
- The Florida Bar
- Amor en Acción
- Board of Directors and Treasurer (2001-2016)
- Dade Heritage Trust
- President (2012-2014)
- Board of Trustees (2008-2014)
- Lawyers for Children America, Attorney Ad Litem