Courtney Whang is an associate in Quinn Emanuel’s New York office. She joined the firm in 2015 and returned in 2017 after a clerkship with the Honorable George B. Daniels in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Her practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, including trial, arbitration, and appeals. Ms. Whang frequently advises private equity and hedge fund clients in high-stakes, high-dollar litigation. She has extensive litigation experience in the financial services and energy sectors. She has secured numerous victories for her clients on both the plaintiff and defense side, including throughout the nation’s federal courts, and in Delaware Chancery Court.
Prior to joining the firm, Courtney worked as a law clerk in the SEC’s Enforcement Division. While there, she assisted on insider trading investigations and worked closely with the Office of the Whistleblower.
- University of California, Berkeley, School of Law
- American Jurisprudence Award
- Prosser Award
- University of Southern California
(B.A., magna cum laude, Political Science, 2011)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- The State Bar of New York
- Law Clerk to the Honorable George B. Daniels:
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2016-2017